Post new topic   Reply to topic    Keepers of the Circle Forum Index -> KP Citizenship Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarcusGreybeard
Initiate

re: Path To Citizenship

Hi All,

So I have made the journey over to Keepers Pass. What is my next step to joining the settlement officially, and starting to contribute to the community? Do I need to visit a certain person/trainer/official in the city?

Thanks,

Marcus Greybeard

Kaziil
Representative

Welcome :) If you need anything crafting related I am Kazil, maze, Dusty, Whisky and a few more and they will all help you out if you see them in game. Please feel free to message me or post here. We have a good auction house most days but we can also help each other so will help you get the armor and weapons you need to start if you need any. Choosing a ring would be a good place to start. Tonight ( its 6am Aussie time here we go out on a rampage with a few others so if you come in to team speak in about 10 hours we should all be there. A few people on holiday so TS anytime we are bound to show up. I will log Kazil at the bank now and look out for you There is more and I am sure others will add to this. Enjoy.

Greetings! I noticed in your application that you were interested in being a smith or a farmer (as well as having interest in Iron, Earth and Wood Rings).  Our Rings are currently grouped up into 2 Rings per Company. For you, I would suggest the company Crafters of the Pass (encompasses Iron and Earth).  Apply in game and we can get you accepted.

There are basic weapons and armor in the Settlement vault (once you are accepted into the company) that are free for you to use until you can make, buy or trade for new equipment.

At the top right of this webpage there is a "Buy, Sell, Trade, Donate order form" that you can use to request for equipment that you need. This also works for refined materials if you are looking to be a crafter.

Kazil is our Guardian of Iron and Radon Gawn is our Guardian of Earth. You will also see Dorin, Drake or Edam who are very knowledgeable in crafting and gathering as well. They are all good resources for you. And feel free to ask any Keeper - everyone is quite helpful. If they don't know the answer, they know where to point you to.

To help out, gathering is always a good place to start (either nodes or mobs). You can trade or sell what you don't want to keep to get things you do want. At the top of this page there is a link (Keeper's Price Guide) that can help get a basic idea of pricing items if you want to go the coin route via our auction house or person-to-person trade.  A lot of us are also happy to trade materials for materials as well.

EDIT: Kazil stealth posted :)

Awesome! Thanks for all the advice and feedback. I will be on later tonight (about 8 PM my time. it's 12:23 PM now). I will check out the companies and apply in game tonight.

Greybeard

MarcusGreybeard
Initiate

Could you possibly supply more info and description for

Observers of the Pass - Ring of Light and Ring of Wood?

Since most of my training so far is as a Cleric and naturalist, this may be a really good fit. But also leaning towards the Crafters of the Pass, so any Compare/Contrast info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Greybeard

Hüran_Ahman
Guardian of Steel

Greetings Greybeard!

I should be on tonight as well, I'm on the west coast (about an hour behind you).  I get off work at 6pm and am usually in game by 7pm pacific.

My two characters in game are Dorin and Huran Ahman.  The one you are likely to see tonight is Dorin, since Huran is currently visiting the Emerald Lodge.  Edam, our Guardian of Light, should be able to fill you in with all the details pertaining to the Observers. Frostrazor, our Guardian of Wood is currently away.

I can give you a basic description for the ring of wood and ring of light (non role play higher level):

Ring of Wood - Mainly PvE focused, in charge of scouting and maintaining monster hexes.  

Ring of Light - Healers and helpers, mainly comprised of clerics and holy warriors.

Both rings work closely with all other rings and no ring is limited to 'just' their rings main focus. For example, during the days of what has been dubbed 'the forever war' all rings were involved in the PvP.  As the guardian of steel, my role was to help coordinate with our allies and distribute our members to where they were needed most. I fought along side many members of both the ring of light and ring of wood. In regards to their rings roles,  a number of members from wood helped the ring of shadow scout for enemies while a number of them took on the role of front line combatants with the ring of steel.  Members from the ring of light were distributed through out the different parties to make sure each group had a healer.

Hope this helps :)

Edam Neadenil
Guardian of Light

Hi I am the current guardian of the Ring of Light.

The Ring of Light is one of the two rings who currently have a home in the observers company.

Observers was created to cover both scouting and skirmishing roles and also provide a home for the two main Divine focussing classes, the Clerics an possibly Paladins in the Ring of Light and (eventually) Ranger and Druid style characters in the Ring of Wood. 

There are no Rangers or Druids in game yet so the Ring of Wood consists mainly of Archer and Fighter characters with a "woodsman"  spin as well as characters hoping to eventually become Rangers or Druids. There also characters in Wood with related crafting skills such as Bowyer though pure crafting characters are better in Iron.

The Ring of Light is characters with a Divine casting focus, healers and battle clerics. The settlement has chosen Sarenrae as our patron Deity and is erecting a Temple to Sarenrae shortly.  Currently in game you can train feats from any Deity however it is best to focus on a single Deity and train feats that can be trained locally, for example Sarenrae here at Keeprs or Desna at Hamemrfall or one of the Deities supported at Brighthaven. This way you will not be "stuck" with an incompatible Deity when the change comes in.

If you do chose Saenrae her feats are Scimitar related but currently work with a Longsword. Firewhirl is a particulary useful Sarenrae feat.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Keepers of the Circle Forum Index -> KP Citizenship Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum