Post new topic   Reply to topic    Keepers of the Circle Forum Index -> Welcome & General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
ChaiGuy
Inactive Member

re: So What Games Are You Involved In?

I noticed a thread for a proposed Emerald Spire KotC game in the Shout Box, I thought I'd also place a note here.  I'm reluctant to run the game since I have a relatively low tech familiarity level, but I'm so excited to start a KotC game I might have to bite the bullet.  >.> 

Wxcougar
Warden of Earth

We could set up a new thread to recruit GMs and times for the game(s). I may be able to GM but I have been fairly busy lately and unsure if I can do a third GM shift right now. Though one of my other campaigns is nearly done so that could free up time in either end of July or August.

Frostrazor
Keeper of Wood

This sounds fun.  I love a good dungeon stomp.  I looked at the PDF of this and it is rather brutal.  Rappan Athuk is still the most deadliest. I loved Ruins of Undermountain probably as my favorite dungeon crawl.

I wonder if scheduled KotC players to do an online game however will just be taking away from them being able to be in the MMO together instead.  Thats kinda the way things are with my gaming buddies. We talk about getting together to do stuff (BBQ or kicking back hangouts, etc) but ultimately the concensus is - Hey if were all gonna be hanging out together - we should just go ahead and continue our campaign!  Grab your dice.

In this case, it's the opposite - if we're all hanging out together we may as well be doing something for the settlement!  :-)

"The true mettle of men are tested not in times of comfort, but in the presence of conflict and adversity."
"Courage is not defined by the absence of fear....it is doing what must be done in spite of it."
CaptnB
Inactive Member

I've been wanting to try Roll20 for some time now. I just couldn't find time to learn how to use it properly and set up a campaign. But it does look pretty solid for running "virtual tabletop" games.

EDIT: By the time I posted this, I saw others had suggested Roll20 :) I'd be happy to play!

ChaiGuy
Inactive Member

@ Frostrazor:  I was thinking of it as something to do before PFO enters Early Enrolement.  When EE starts, I agree we'll more likely be playing PFO rather than Emerald Spire.  I have to say that even though I got the ES download I haven't really looked at it.  I got the impression it was a large place, but I thought it could be completed before EE.  I could be wrong about that though.

Dario Tashavan
Walsh_TSW
Inactive Member

I'd be really surprised if it was completed before EE. It's intended to run PCs from first to roughly 12th level.

maxikyd
Inactive Member

Thorbrand wrote:

I was running Pathfinder and Ice and Fire campaigns but the game shop in town closed. This is very sad since I live in the country and no one wants to come out here to play. So we don't have a place to get together any longer. Been trying almost on a daily basis to figure out a solution...

I feel your pain.  Closest game shop was 116 miles away, and I would drive over every week to play.  The table I played with switched from PF RPG to a miniature turn-based strategy game, then the game shop closed.  I'm currently the only gamer in a LARGE radius, so no TT P&P for me.  Thus, I play

ESO, LotRO, Skyrim, the Sims, and SW:TOR, Vampire: Bloodlines, and, simplistic though it is, I love playing Fate on PC.

Whenever I manage to get out to California I play TT PF with my nephew and his friends. (User waves at Frostrazor(hi, nephew))

Frostrazor
Keeper of Wood

maxikyd wrote:

Whenever I manage to get out to California I play TT PF with my nephew and his friends. (User waves at Frostrazor(hi, nephew))

Hi auntie M!

We played The one Ring last time you were here and that was actually one of THE most special and memorable gaming experiences I've had in a very long time playing that hobbit with your elf.  And we are all waiting impatiently for you to visit again! 

I do have some GOOD news though!  My friends have really gotten good at using Skype and they're teaching me to use it (which is huge since me and new computer software do not jive well), and we want to have you join our TOR campaign that I run.

I'm getting a desktop webcam so that I don't have to use my kids' laptops.

"The true mettle of men are tested not in times of comfort, but in the presence of conflict and adversity."
"Courage is not defined by the absence of fear....it is doing what must be done in spite of it."
Carbon D. Metric
Inactive Member

I am 100% on board with a virtual game of Emerald Spire just FYI.

I don't own it but it seems pretty huge, perhaps choosing to start off 1-2 floors in may be helpful so we can see more of it before month 2 EE. (When I am able to play)

Another interested party for that ES game!

Besides that I currently GM a Thornkeep game for some friends newer to Roleplaying games, GM a homebrew game for my weekly game, and GM a dungeonworld campaign for some friends whenever we can get together.

As for video games I play FFXIV on the Ragnorak server currently but am looking to move to another server seeing as my group left the game... Marvel Heroes and Path of Exile with some friends if they're on, I also have been enjoying the new Shadowrun game on steam. For people that love that system and Turn-Based Strategy you need to pick that up!

"I have a long-standing interest in what I like to think of as 'forbidden knowledge:' methods of unarmed killing, lock picking, breaking and entry, spy stuff, and other things that the government wants only a few select individuals to know."
CaptnB
Inactive Member

I looooove turn-based strategy games. And it seems like ages since I've tried a new one, do you have the exact title? I'm currently re-installing Master of Orion 2 like once a year to get my fix :)

CaptnB
Inactive Member

Oh and I created a new thread for ES.

Erian El'ranelen
Inactive Member

Harebrained Schemes did the new Shadowrun as a Kickstarter (I was in on that one). I also did the Kickstarter for Worlds of Magic which I have high hopes for in being a spiritual successor to the fabulous Master of Magic. I'm a huge turn-based strategy fan; I've got all the Master of...games on GOG, and also still have my old copy of Ascendancy (with the Antagonizer patch of course) that I hold up as one of the greatest of the breed (though just barely surpassing MoO2).

Kage34
Inactive Member

Hey if anyone liked the old Torment games and Baldur's Gate games there's a new game just released called Divinity: Original Sin. I haven't played it myself I'm working on Shadowrun first but I have only been hearing amazing things about the game. So all you turn based lovers out there should check it out.

"I have a long-standing interest in what I like to think of as 'forbidden knowledge:' methods of unarmed killing, lock picking, breaking and entry, spy stuff, and other things that the government wants only a few select individuals to know."
Frostrazor
Keeper of Wood

Kage34 wrote:

Hey if anyone liked the old Torment games and Baldur's Gate games there's a new game just released called Divinity: Original Sin. I haven't played it myself I'm working on Shadowrun first but I have only been hearing amazing things about the game. So all you turn based lovers out there should check it out.

I will have to check it out.  I think Torment is probably the greatest computer game based on D&D ever.

Not so much because of the mechanics or interface, or turn-based  - but because of the flavor of the game and the overall story plus awesome music.  That game was truly remarkable.

If Wizards of the Coast could ever find that magic that TSR had then with their stories, and apply it to upcoming D&D Next I would finally be happy with a perfect marriage of good rules and great stories.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Keepers of the Circle Forum Index -> Welcome & General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum