Post new topic   Reply to topic    Keepers of the Circle Forum Index -> Welcome & General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Erian El'ranelen
Inactive Member

re: So What Games Are You Involved In?

I concur on Planescape: Torment. As such, I jumped right on board both the Torment: Tides of Numenera and Pillars of Eternity kickstarters. My appreciation for the Ultima series also led me to support the Shroud of the Avatar efforts and the beta releases for it have been looking pretty good.

I'm not nearly as hopeful that WotC will get it right unfortunately.

Frostrazor
Keeper of Wood

Erian El'ranelen wrote:

I'm not nearly as hopeful that WotC will get it right unfortunately.

Oh don't misinterpret my words: My words were wishful, not hopeful.  :-)

"The true mettle of men are tested not in times of comfort, but in the presence of conflict and adversity."
"Courage is not defined by the absence of fear....it is doing what must be done in spite of it."
Dario Tashavan
Walsh_TSW
Inactive Member

Yeah, that's why I can't wait for the new Torment game, or Pillars of Eternity.

RedDwarf33
Inactive Member

I am currently playing ESO . Was lucky to be involved in the PTS and Beta of ESO since January and the regular game from its April launch to the present. Member of a major pvp guild also much pve and crafting involvement. Big fan of Skyrim and the previous pc standalone Elder Scrolls games. Also have played Lotro and DDO since the beginning on and off for many years.  Last year played Rift and Final Fantasy. Original D&D tabletop player.

Have been looking forward to the release of Pathfinder Online for a long time now. Following news and updates where possible. Hoping to be able to get into Early Entry as soon as possible. 

Tinalles
Inactive Member

I confess: I couldn't get into Torment.  At all.  I played about the first five minutes of the game and thought "Hmm, the main character's story is that he doesn't remember who he is.  ... yeah, don't care."

And then I stopped playing.

Dario Tashavan
Walsh_TSW
Inactive Member

Not really RPG related, but I am also enjoying the heck out of some Shovel Knight right now.

KotC Diella

re: My gaming schedule

The longest game I pay is on Sunday.. it 3rd DND with plenty of home rules. I have been playing it on and off since dnd 25th anniversary when I meet John the Dm.

Wednesday My son Mike is running a pathfinder Module. We meet at the local game store.

Thursday Pathfinder Society game run at the Dm home.

Friday Pathfinder Society run at the local game store

Saturday alternate weeks Shadowrun

Homebrew game that a mix of Exalted, Immortalis, Whitewolf and a healthy dose of over the top crazy.

Where else do you have a game where you bluff the Lord of Hell with a holy bagel.  Get help fighting Banes  from Ronald Mc Donald the golder archer. Where if you can describe your action in a way the group thinks is cool you get stunt dice. Where else can you play a werewolf with the red lantern ring of doom.

Wxcougar
Warden of Earth

There is something about holy bagel that makes me laugh. :)

Diella, you should chat with Huran, he used to play Horizons.

As far as my own gaming sessions are going - they've changed a bit. We finally finished Carrion Crown with an epic post AP battle with Tar Baphon. I have started GMing Legacy of Fire once a month for my nephews and one of Huran's coworkers. Then as some of you know, I am running a group through Emerald Spire during the day. No deaths in any of the campaigns (though in Carrion Crown I dropped some people - but no permanent deaths) so far.

As far as playing, I am still playing my sorceress in a homebrew run by Huran on Saturdays, and a Magus in another homebrew run by a friend on Sunday. We hope to return to Crimson Throne soon. And then once a month or so we are playing a Star Wars Saga game. Currently stuck in a large ship battle and eager to get back to it after our recent hiatus.

Chadrina
Inactive Member

re: Games I am playing

Right now I run a Pathfinder game every other Saturday. Have been GMing for DnD or Pathfinder since 1976 or 77.  Also played Role Master, Twilight 2000, and Dark Conspiracy.  MMOs I played are Dark Age of Camelot, DDO, World of Warcraft. 

Carbon D. Metric
Inactive Member

I'm seeing lots of WoW experience and older MMOs as well, which is great since I hope that this game can get the right positive feedback loops in terms of gameplay that some of these older games did right.

Curious, is anyone else playing in or running the new Iron Gods adventure path? I'm running it for my home group and the game is a BLAST! One of the players quoted it as like Conan & The Starship Enterprise, and I think some of the way the Tech was implemented was really well done and aren't so incredibly out of line, design and power wise to the other more traditional Fantasy Roleplaying stock.

Welcome aboard, Chadrina!

As to Iron Gods, my group hasn't run it yet but its on the list of APs we are going to get to (with Reign of Winter, and Wrath of the Righteous up next). It's good to hear that its well balanced.

HirnKhan
Inactive Member

The Nerds (that's what my wife calls my now 22 year old RP and board game group) currently play Dreaball. One from the group will attend Spiel in Essen and buy $1-2000 worth of new games there for us to play the next couple of months

/Michael

Lord Gregg
Initiate

Ive never played table top game before :(

Play quite a few games,Age Of Wonders 3,Gta 5,Age Of Conan,Elite Dangerous,Arma3 Epoch ect. Also Marvel Heros Lego 2 player,with my young son whos 5,we also play terriaria :D

Edam Neadenil
Guardian of Light

Lord Gregg wrote:

Play quite a few games,Age Of Wonders 3,Gta 5,Age Of Conan,Elite Dangerous,Arma3 Epoch ect. Also Marvel Heros Lego 2 player,with my young son whos 5,we also play terriaria :D

If you have a 5 year old son yo are at risk over the next few years of him getting involved in Warhammer or WH 40K which is one of the biggest Black Holes for money known to mankind.

My favorite TT game is actually Flames of War a non roleplay WWII tank game but sadly no-one in my area plays it.

Lord Gregg
Initiate

Edam Neadenil wrote:
Lord Gregg wrote:

If you have a 5 year old son yo are at risk over the next few years of him getting involved in Warhammer or WH 40K which is one of the biggest Black Holes for money known to mankind.

My favorite TT game is actually Flames of War a non roleplay WWII tank game but sadly no-one in my area plays it.

haha ur prob right,not to sure if its a big thing in Northern Ireland :(

closest ive got to a board game is Risk,would love to play TT

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Keepers of the Circle Forum Index -> Welcome & General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum