Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Keepers of the Circle Forum Index -> Welcome & General Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChaiGuy
Inactive Member

re: New Gobcast

Here's a new gobcast, it seems to have a lot of interesting info.  I haven't listened to it all, but it has a lot of new info.

Gobcast proto settlement

Edit:  be sure to listen in the the KotC shout out Lead Game Designer, Lee Hammock gives at about 16:00!  ;P

Drake Brimstone
Keeper

Yah... he's stealing our settlement name for the Pass by our Settlement... so do we go with our choice two and let him name the pass that :)

ChaiGuy
Inactive Member

I was hoping that we'd get to build the settlement sooner, it seems like it'll be months (maybe 6) before Earth really gets to construction.

Wxcougar
Warden of Earth

I don't see an issue with the pass having the same name as our Settlement. Amused that they liked the name that much. The whole Great Catastrophy is an interesting way of having the change over.

Serighon
Keeper of Wood

"Hark, I completely understand where you're coming from. My first instincts told me to go with familiar words that would be easier to remember. That being said, I think the pass through the mountains that we'll need to use to reach Phaeros should be referred to as "The Pass of the Keepers." I like the words but they sound more like a geographic feature to me than a community."

Woo, hoo! I'm famous!

Hey Erian, maybe the name Mirroveh isn't dead yet!

Inactive Member

Well given than we wont actually control the proto settlement for most of EE I think calling the area Keepers Pass in general around the NPC settlement is there would be just fine. I'm not sure we will have a HUGE presence there at all times since Thornkeep will likely host better services but at least for now I think the mention from Lee is a huge compliment and I doubt we'd ever have to change the settlement name.

In fact I would like to advocate the benefits of acquiring our first hex of territory on the Pass to the south a priority. It would allow us better observe the traffic coming up Keepers Pass to our Settlement, or Brighthaven.

Bear in mind there are 2 "open" settlement locations that will open up for development on the plateau, 1 to the north, 1 to the east. I think it would best be discussed with Brighthaven which of the two they intend on getting. 

I agree with Carbon, those two open settlements will be key.  I imagine that CCs that don't get their own hexes in the Landrush may settle in them.  I would like to think that we could snag the Eastern one, but more likely there will be another CC(s) there.  These hexes could really effect our long term expansion potential. 

If we get the eastern one or form friendly relations with them, then heading out east to the plains beyond could help ease the food shortage on the plateau.  I would imagine that the Empyrean Order would be more suited to go north, since it would both bring them closer to a meteor hex and vVv Gaming, both would probably bring increased PvP.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Keepers of the Circle Forum Index -> Welcome & General Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: