Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Keepers of the Circle Forum Index -> Welcome & General Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChaiGuy
Inactive Member

re: A proposed KotC symbol

Behold one of the proposed KotC symbols, there is a ring for each Ring in the KotC made out of a material to represent that ring.

Wood- Wood.

Earth- Stone.

Iron- a ring of dark wrought iron, possibly with harder edges.

Steel- Highly polished steel ring, maybe shaped to look like a blade.

Gold- Either a smooth polished gold ring,.

Crystal- Crystal

Light- Ivory

Shadow- Obsidian

http://galleries.guildlaunch.net/387175/Pathfinder-Circle%2025030Pop.jpg

Carbon D. Metric
Inactive Member

I'm sending feedback through one more run and will see what finalized version I can pull out with a bit more polish as well, I did a hackjob trimming that one lol

Hey guys if you check the gallery (For some reason I cant get it to hyperlink) we have 3 new drafts in.

http://keepersofthecircle.guildlaunch.com/gallery/gallery_detail.php?gallery=190018&gid=387175

1 is like the last with a more simple outer ring.

2 is missing the said ring

3 has been modified in solid colors for simpler mediums and embroidery as has been mentioned.

Let me know what you think.

The first one is really cool. The dark blue thinner ring really helped!

Radon Gawn
Guardian of Earth

I think i prefer the one without the outer circle.

Keeper of the Wood
ChaiGuy
Inactive Member

Like Radon Gawn, I have a slight preference to the symbol without the outer ring, even though as Wxcougar notes it's a major improvement over the previous symbol with an outer ring.  You can really appreciate the difference the textures make when you compare it to the plain symbol, although the plain in plenty cool too.

Carbon D. Metric
Inactive Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've been struggling trying to find a good solution for the outer ring but it seems like everyone like the simpler one with just the 8 rings so far.

Also, I found 1 more inconsistency with overlapping so I'm gonna get another round of drafts setup as the overlaping/underlapping pattern follows all 8 rings except for the Ring of Wood as it is supposed to be over the two closest rings, or maybe I'm just overlooking it, do you see what I'm talking about?

I see something off with the interweaving too, but can't tell what the pattern is to say which rings are off. It's a lot less obvious in this version than the other.

I do like having the option of the outer circle or not. Once its solidified I will then start on the scroll for the charter.

Last edited by Wxcougar on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Carbon D. Metric
Inactive Member

Latest update with fixed overlapping, and another model. I think we are damn close to a final revision, and we can get the illustrator files soon for whatever in house polish we think it could use. The ones we are looking at are the latest 4 uploads. He did a little bit of tinkering with the Outer Ring in both the textured and non, leaving us copies bare of it as well for both types for use, and I think it looks much better than before but let me know what you think.

http://keepersofthecircle.guildlaunch.com/gallery/gallery_detail.php?gallery=190018&gid=387175

Uploaded by: Carbon D. Metric on 2014-07-31 21:12:19 Uploaded by: Carbon D. Metric on 2014-07-31 21:12:16Uploaded by: Carbon D. Metric on 2014-07-31 21:12:13Uploaded by: Carbon D. Metric on 2014-07-24 22:46:03

Uploaded by: Carbon D. Metric on 2014-07-23 06:35:48 Uploaded by: Carbon D. Metric on 2014-07-23 06:35:45Uploaded by: Carbon D. Metric on 2014-05-27 08:17:26

Above are some more proposed Keepers of the Circle symbols, which do you prefer?

Erian El'ranelen
Inactive Member

These are looking very good. I look forward to getting the final files to see what I can whip up for alternates. I did some quick Photoshop work with just these and can make some pretty nice looking "embedded" views as if the rings were worked into a wooden surface, so I'm sure with the vector files I'll be able to do some good stuff.

As for which alternatives I prefer, well I like different ones based on specific application. I think the rune-marked one is nice, for instance, with some arcane use or perhaps in philosophical discussions about how the rings tie into Golarion history. For a "seal" like we might have embedded in wax on a scroll, we probably just need the rings and a simple outer circle (showing the edge of the stamp). For an "illumination" like we might have actually drawn on a document, I'd really like to see if we've got an artist that can take the base look and give it some Celtic flair (like this) to represent what a Keeper might actually have on a document. And then of course we need someone to do it in needlework...So many thoughts from my non-artistically capable self!

Carbon D. Metric
Inactive Member

I sent up the green flag and expect to get the raw files any time now. I'll dump them all in a new gallery when I get them, and link to dropbox for the raw files as well.

Like Erian said, I like these for different purposes. I'm sure the ring of Crystal can use that runic one :)

Rufus

Wxcougar
Warden of Earth

Erian, that photo looks like something from the Book of Kells. I was figuring on pulling from it for ideas for the illumination on the charter. When I get the chance, I will start drafting ideas to share.

Erian El'ranelen
Inactive Member

Indeed, the Book of Kells is one of my favorites and I look forward to seeing it in person some day. That particular link is from a guy that made an illuminated version of the Silmarillion as part of his art classes. I look forward to seeing your work!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Keepers of the Circle Forum Index -> Welcome & General Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: