View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wxcougar
Sentinel

re: November 23 "Update"

Hey y'all:

I have been hoping to have a substantive update to give to you, so I have been holding out on updating things. But it is clear that silence is worse than the news that I have nothing substantive to update.

Things move along but at a pace that is as agonizingly slow for me as it is for you. And there is literally nothing that I can do to move it along. There is hope, but I can understand how folks may not have much faith in that hope considering how long we have been in this treading water mode. You have my promise that I will push as much as I can and leave no stone unturned in my efforts to find the game the funding it and you deserve. I can't give you any assurances that I will be successful since much of it is out of my hands. I can't also give you any timelines for when I might know if I am successful. Any time I have tried to place a timeline in the past has been trashed, because, once again, things aren't in my control in regards to how fast things move.

I can promise you this, if at any point in the future I am going to shut down the game, you will be given a one month warning. As of right now, the game is doing fine and will be live for the foreseeable future. I also know that a game that is live has a much stronger chance of finding that investment than a game which is shut down. So I will do everything in my power to keep the game live as long as possible to give it that chance.

In the spirit of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, I am going to close with a list of things that I am thankful for:

• I am thankful for all of you for supporting this game and its vision through thick and thin.
• I am thankful for all the folks I have adventured with in the River Kingdoms and the friendships that have formed because of those adventures
• I am thankful for Bob and Cole for sticking beside me through these trying times.
• I am thankful for all of you who have created websites and tools through which we can all play the game much better
• I am thankful for the various folks who have given the game a look and put time and effort into finding a way to make funding work
• And mostly I am thankful for everyone who keeps the vision alive and gives me hope that there may yet be a light at the end of the tunnel.

I apologize for not posting sooner. It is really hard when you want to give great news and all you have to say is that you have nothing much to say. My delays are always in the hope that something might happen that would allow me to say something substantive. You deserve better than that.

Have a great Thanksgiving weekend and thanks for caring enough to log in, post on the forums, and keep your subscriptions alive.

-Lisa

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: